How Can Positive Thinking Improve Quality Of Life?

Can 'Positive Thinking' Improve My Life?  



How can I improve Myself within a month with positive thinking? I don’t know. How you can improve yourself within a month.

A little mind hack I came up with for myself is to recite and affirm to myself ‘I am cheerful and chirpy’. 


It works, at the time of reciting. If I continually recite this it may become a habitual state of mind. A subconscious way of being. Or I could drive myself nuts.


     While reading a post by Robert Bly.
  
     “The headline in an email from Ragan Communications I got just now says, "Everybody wants to make a living doing what he or she loves." I used to think that was true. But as the years have passed, I've encountered some people this does not apply to. They are a minority who, for whatever reason, would prefer not to work at all -- and if they get an inheritance or other windfall that frees them from having to work, they elect never to do so again, and instead indulge their interests and hobbies, freed from having to make a living. At least that's what I've observed. Have you also?”

The word expectations popped into my mind. Now it may not be relevant to the post. But I got to thinking about the word expectations. And expectations I have about myself should have for myself, and other peoples’ expectations of me. And other peoples’ expectations of other people. 


Also, how we portray our own expectations onto others.


Something further on to and from this I thought is defining and setting expectations.  As well as defining and setting boundaries.


Could I improve my life? Yes. Even if there is only a .0001% possibility. It is still a .0001% positive possibility. Can I expect to improve, yes?


And even if I only improve within a month by .0001% to .0002%, it is a 100% improvement.


So… getting back to the original question. “How Can I Improve Myself Within A Month?” I’m not an expert on you.


But in everyday life, little things add up. And as Einstein pointed out, the greatest force in the universe is ‘compounding’. So, little things add up and have a compounding effect.


What I’ve figured out and to my way of thinking is to pick one small thing. Think of ways to improve on that. Even by just .0001% at a time. Pick another thing the next day, and the next day.


How many of us are waiting for that big light bulb moment, that one gigantic epiphany? Can you expect to improve yourself? I think so. You might like to try defining and setting expectations for yourself.


What are your thoughts about this? Did it help you in some way? Did you get an idea? Perhaps share with others. Please leave comment.


Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *