Building Up Momentum Produces Awesome Results

 You Can Build Momentum To Build More Momentum


     I read a book about learning to snow ski before I'd strapped on skis for the first time.

     Without control, I was building momentum fast and heading for disaster.

     This gave me an understanding, intellectual knowledge, about snow skiing Then it was on the snowfields, gaining first-hand experience, of snow skiing. But, I didn't crash or fall while reading the book. So what happened!

I went from a talker to a doer.


     It is the same scenario for salt. You can read everything about salt. Be told by countless people about the taste of salt. But, you will never know for yourself, until you actually taste salt.

     And, the same again, here at my desk. I skirted around the edges of the pond. Moved around to get a different look. Joined as a free member, and in my mind as just a "visitor", an outsider. Sure, gaining intellectual knowledge.

     I entered the pond at the shallow end. Then went deeper by becoming premium with my thoughts.

     Just find a niche they say. Well, I splashed around with that for some time. Not making headway! Find a niche you are interested in, passionate about. With still that queer awkward feeling. In one of the tutorials, out sprung the word, concerned. And that was the word that got me started.

     At sixty years of age, health and well-being are a concern that can fire me to look around. I looked at myself and found a niche. The ball started rolling.

What is Momentum?


     Just as back in the early days of the industrial revolution with steam-powered machines. It takes energy to get these machines to start turning before they themselves deliver power to perform. 

     The sustained momentum comes from the big flywheels of the steam engines when in full motion. But it takes energy to get the flywheel turning, outside force. Then when in motion other forces from within propel and maintain momentum. the centripetal and centrifugal forces.

     I felt excited at finding a niche that fits me and that I could fit into. So onward to the next lesson.

     And a website was born.

     The self-propelling momentum coming alive. A thought, an idea, then a topic for a post. Still as a couple of words, to be written about. And then another topic idea.........., and another.

     So, now, still, MY website still looks scrappy. With just some words scattered as topic starters. BUT, that doesn't matter. What matters is the momentum. The momentum gathering momentum.

     The same for the man sitting in front of the cold stove wanting heat. Until he puts in the wood, no heat. It has to start somewhere. It has to start with him.

     And so, this morning, I dived headlong into the Olympic-size pool. As a yearly Premium Doer. I am within.

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *